Saturday, April 13, 2013

Life Of A Volunteer


This week I was really lucky to have had the opportunity to volunteer for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. It was held at the Carriageworks in Sydney. This spectacular venue, filled with characteristics and heritage charm just added to the amazingness of this experience.



The first day, I was assigned Front Of House and was lucky enough to be able to help set up and witness the first show to officially launch the event. It was Camilla and Marc. I was actually getting butterflies before the show started. The clothes we're beautiful and the experience of seeing my first runway show was just surreal. Unfortunately, as volunteers, while we were allowed to take photos, we weren't allowed to share them via social media while the events were happening. Which I had no issues with, I was just glad we were allowed to capture our experiences.



The second day I was still assigned front of house and helped out with the Flannel show and who walks in? None other than Christine Centenera! The woman has such presence, that I don't think I was able to breathe. She had walked past me the day before after the Camilla and Marc show and felt the whole room just go quiet.
Anyways, I don't think I paid attention to the clothes on the runway. I was just amazed by Centenera and her spectacular Katrantzou dress.



 After cleaning up and clearing out the Flannel show, the From Britten show set was getting built.
I found it amazing that they only do this about 3-2 hours before the actual show starts. I was actually stressed out for them. Unfortunately I couldn't stay around for this show as my shift ended and needed to make sure the other volunteers also got a go.

 

This was the next day when I finally was able to do Back Of House for the Blesse'd Are The Meek show. As you can see, there's a lot of waiting and standing around for us volunteers, not because we had no initiative. But when you are assigned to one thing, that's basically all you need to focus on to make sure everything runs smoothly. Also the fact that there was so many volunteers, they could afford to task you to just one thing.



My model, the beautiful and incredibly sweet Roberta Pecoraco, in her first outfit. They put on swirls of reflective tape on the models arms and legs. The effect with the flash was amazing!



The gorgeous Samantha Harris, who was nice enough to oblige and take photos with some of us.



Blesse'd Are The Meek Stylists and the talented designer Maria Maung on the far right.



The most adorable Nicole Warne of Gary Pepper Vintage, looked amazing! So happy I was able to take this photo with her. How sweet was she to bend down for me? Haha!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I've helped out at a couple of fashion shows here in Houston and it's so crazy but fun. I think my favorite part is seeing and touching the clothing I can't afford lol.

    xoxo, Diana ☠
    http://www.TheNeonFactor.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox