Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sightseeing & Inappropriate Dressing


There were a few rides you could go on to experience the different views of the Blue Mountains. This one in particular, it was like a small train carriage where you had control of the angle of your seat, whether it be laid all the way back or facing all the way front where it almost felt like you were standing, while the train went down this steep track through a mountain cliff. 



Oh you know, just keeping it PG-rated



 This was at the lookout, the fog was so thick that there was really nothing to see. It was still beautiful though.


A few weeks back I had a family outing to the picturesque Blue Mountains. It was very sunny during the day, but by the time we got there, it became overcast with scattered showers, not to mention no one told me that the temperature in that area was always about 10 degrees cooler than Sydney itself. So it was safe to say my attire didn't really look appropriate. Lucky I found a hooded coat in the boot of my sisters car. It was my saviour!

Everyone also decided to go on an impromptu bush walk. A muddy bush walking track and Marants don't really mesh well together. I was also petrified of the facts that the walking trail had the mountain wall on one side and what looked like a heavily bushy cliff side on the other. As if it wasn't enough that I had to concentrate on where I was stepping due to shallow pools of muddy water but I also had to make sure that I didn't accidentally step on a jagged rock or uneven surface, loose balance due to the wedge heel of the shoe and fall into the cliff-side abyss.

Let's just say, next time, i'll be checking the weather & temperature so I can dress accordingly.

Jumper: Valleygirl / Shorts: eBay Find ($10!!!) / Bag; Balenciaga / Shoes: Isabel Marant / Sunglasses: Oakley / Necklace: House of Harlow 1960 & Etsy / Watch: Seiko / Rings: Etsy

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I always find I dress inappropriately for the occasion! Nothing like lacking pragmatism when you look pretty ... which you do! Loving the whole outfit and hope you weren't too chilly because you looked lovely. :)

    Thank you for your sweet comment! I adore your blog and am following you now! <3

    Hope you will come and pop by soon!

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING photos!! Loveing your sunnies and bag!!

    xoxo, Diana ☠
    http://www.TheNeonFactor.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox