Saturday, April 20, 2013

Palest Of Hues


I've been lusting over asymmetrical skirts for a very long time. My past outfits here, here and here have seen me reconstructing a few skirts/hems to achieve the look.

Last night, in a bid to procrastinate some more, I decided to make these skirts from scratch. An assignment I recently completed was to construct the pattern and assemble 3 different types of skirts. I made sure the 3 designs I chose to do for school were with design lines that I knew I would make in the future and something I could play around with to achieve different looks. Having the basic skirt pattern pat down can set you up for a melange of skirt designs. I browsed the world wide web to gather design ideas and paid close attention to fastening, structure etc. and after rummaging through my stash of material I was able to come up with this little number.

The marle grey patches of the skirt is the off cuts from a pair of pants turned into shorts featured on this frugal post. When I reconstruct an item, if the off cuts look large enough for me to be able to work into future pieces, I keep it. Maybe one day I'll be on the TV show 'Hoarders' as the woman who's buried herself in material off-cuts! But for now I am glad I kept it as I love the white and marle grey marriage with the tinges of juicy tangerine and pink edges.

Toodles for now poodles!

Top: K-Mart / Skirt: DIY / Shoes: Windsor Smith / Bag: Givenchy / Sunglasses: Celine / Necklaces: Both Lovisa / Watch: Seiko / Rings: YSL & Etsy

2 comments:

  1. love the skirt! def worth the work and time! its perfect and suits you so well!


    The Fashion Menue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox