Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Denim & Espadrilles


As Australia is transitioning into Autumn, it's very hard to know what to wear. Is it going to be to cold or still humid? Well today was extremely humid. I am very OVER this weather and just want it to go away. I've already started transferring all my colder months gear into my wardrobe. I just need for the weather to catch up to me.

Today I needed to run some errands and thought I'd try this double denim phenomena. The first time I saw this trend come out of it's coma was about 5-6 years ago and it was a photo of Ashley Olsen in a light chambray shirt and a darker blue denim jeans. I had to do a double take and thought how well she pulled that off. Back then, when someone mentioned double denim, I thought of cowboys on horsebacks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if you were a cowboy. 

For a long time denim was used by coal miners, but they were actually worn in the 1500's by Navy sailors.
It wasn't until the 1960's that jeans became acceptable to wear, before that they were worn as a protest against conformity and anyone who wore them often got refused entry into cinemas and restaurants. There's a little history tid-bit for you. I love denim, in moderation!

Chambray Shirt: Jay Jay's / Denim Shorts: Abercrombie and Fitch (originally as jeans) / Clutch: Balenciaga / Shoes: Chanel / Sunglasses: Celine / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: Withlovekirsten /  Necklace: Lovisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox