Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pink & Red


Only recently have I really been noticing the colour red. While I have never been afraid of a little colour (and by little I mean A LOT!), I have never really been attracted to it. The only time I pined for anything red was for a Balenciaga bag in Coquelicot (Poppy Flowers in French). To be honest I love about 90% of any colour Balenciaga comes out with, probably due to their amazing leather, but I digress.

Lately though, I have been dabbling in incorporating red into my wardrobe. It also didn't help that I won an amazing bright red Givenchy Antigona clutch. I mean I love that thing so much that it swayed me towards the colour a lot more faster than it normally would.

Ever since I saw Emma Stone in that red and pink Giambattista Valli ensemble, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. For some reason growing up I didn't think the two colour would be a great match, outfit wise. I just felt that too much saccharine colours in one outfit would just be over the top. But Giambattista did it with such finesse and elegance that it's actually a very fascinating combo.

While this outfit isn't as fascinating as Emma Stones, the chandelier pink necklace and red shoes were inspired by it. Colours I would never think to pair together.

Cotton On Agra Harem Pants (similar here)
Balenciaga Bag
Rockstud Heels (Etsy)
Lanvin for H&M Necklace

3 comments:

  1. wow! omg honey love how you just go for it and wear such different things together, 'cause it looks simply perfect!
    we're totally in love with your blog!
    keep rocking:)
    lots and lots of love from switzerland,
    Nina&Rachel from
    www.fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox