Monday, May 27, 2013

Monochrome & Mixed Metals


As much as I love a colourful outfit, nothing really beats black and white. It's classic and crisp and can be dressed up or down. You could be having the worse morning trying to figure out what to wear, if you team anything monochrome together, you bet that you won't be leaving the house with a fear of clashing prints or colours. 

Not to say clashing is a bad thing. The word alone invokes a negative connotation, but it doesn't have to be that way. There are some people who don't buy certain items as it contains a different coloured hardware to what jewellery they normally wear. Far be it from me to tell you what to do, we all have our 'thing'. But to me, that just sounds really ridiculous. There are so many gorgeous items out there and frankly, I don't have the time or mental stamina to stop and co-ordinate my jewellery hardware to the hardware on my handbag or shoes. Life is too short!

At any one time, every single time I leave the house, I have at least 3 different coloured metals on me. It's usually silver, gold and rosegold and that's just the rings. I guess I just always love the saying "The more the merrier". 

And trust me, it's pretty merry where I am!

Top: Valleygirl / Skort: eBay / Bag: Chanel / Shoes: Siren / Necklace: Both Lovisa / Bracelet: Balenciaga / Rings: Etsy

3 comments:

  1. You're not the only one mixing metals. I'm a sucker for doing that myself, especially since my favorite jewellery designer, Bjørg, makes lots of her pieces WITH mixed metals. :D Gives me the perfect excuse to keep on mixin'! And besides, I actually think rose gold and white silver, for instance, looks really really dainty and pretty together, just like dark, oxidized silver and regular yellow gold are totally badass combined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bag and the necklace darling!!!
    I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing combination - this outfit is incredible! Love the mix of stripes and metal and your shoes are just gorgeous! WOW.

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox