Wednesday, May 22, 2013

P.E.R.F.E.C.T


We have been blessed with the best weather the past few months. Though we are finally feeling the sting of these chilly Autumn winds, the sun has not stopped smiling at us. Giving us endless blue skies....until today. It has unfortunately been gloomy and extremely chilly here and now it is raining. The rain is much needed though, but when it's gloomy, my mood follows suit.

As much as I love the colder months, I think I get Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). The acronym of this type of depression is very appropriate. Apparently it is more common in women and can also happen during summer. I mainly get it during winter where daylight is much shorter and gloominess and rain is more prevalent. This is why I don't think I'd cope well in either England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales (elastics anyone?).

So I digress, this is late posting, but over the weekend we decided to take advantage of the amazing weather we've been having and decided to have a picnic at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney next to the picturesque Opera House where you have the most amazing view of The Harbour Bridge. It's days like these you just get down on your knees and thank whoever deity you believe in that you are alive and living in such a beautiful place. Or in our cases, we got down on our knees to fetch the dozen donuts sitting in their plastic containers. Either way, it's great to be alive!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate you visiting the blog.
Anne xox